You’re honoring the stay-at-home orders during this COVID-19 pandemic, but that doesn’t mean you should put-off addressing your other healthcare issues or questions. As one of South Florida’s top sports medicine physicians, Moisés Irizarry-Román, MD, offers virtual visits.
Telehealth, also called telemedicine, allows you to seek care and counsel from Dr. Irizarry-Roman via a smartphone, laptop or tablet. These virtual visits are 100% HIPAA-compliant. Telehealth is easy and effective. Here’s how it works:
- Request an appointment by calling or emailing our office
- You can also upload photos, if needed, to help us diagnose your symptoms.
- Submit your medication list, allergies, ID cards, and medical history in advance
- At times prescriptions can also be sent electronically to your pharmacy
Patients receive the same top-quality care Dr. Iriarry provides in-person. He is an expert at diagnosing and treating the most complex types of sports and musculoskeletal injuries.
But let’s not forget he’s also a Primary Care Physician, therefore able to take care of your other ailments, something to keep in mind in this important time of need.
The benefits of telemedicine
Telehealth offers patients many benefits, such as:
- Saving time, both traveling to the office and sitting in the waiting room
- Reducing hassle, whether that means not having to arrange childcare or eldercare
- Eliminating the expenses the travel and parking expense associated with your office visit
- Eliminating coming in contact with others who may have a contagious illness
- Allowing easier access for our international patients without the need for travel
Here to stay
Telehealth isn’t new. It’s been around since the 1950s when providers began offering their services via landline phones to patients in remote locations. Thanks to improved technology, telehealth is now widespread and growing, as is patient-satisfaction.
A recent study conducted by the Massachusetts General Hospital showed that “nearly all (patients) perceived the quality of care or communication to be the same or better than at the traditional and familiar office visits.
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, now is a great time to take advantage of our new virtual visits.